Monday, March 30, 2009

I Love Free Stuff!


I just got home from work to find a package in the mail from the folks at Czech & Speake, a London-based bathroom fittings company that also makes perfumes.

I had completely forgotten that I signed up for the company's mailing list after receiving a sample of their unisex fragrance Cuba from BitterGrace a few weeks ago. I haven't blogged about Cuba yet, but I will. It's an incredibly interesting fragrance, though probably not one I could really pull off. I let Julie smell it last week, though, and she seemed to really like it a lot. (Julie, you can have my new sample, now that I have two). More on the Cuba later ...

When I signed up for samples on the Czech & Speake Web site, I thought they might send off one or two samples somewhere down the line. What I got was a huge package filled with a carded sample of each of the nine fragrances in their aromatics line, along with a marketing booklet and a handwritten note. All of it came wrapped in marbelized tissue paper held together by a C&S stamped foil seal. Talk about a warm welcome!

Several of the fragrances look very interesting to me, especially Oxford & Cambridge, Neroli, Citrus Paradisi, and Frankincense & Myrrh. My partner, M., seems quite impressed with Dark Rose. She just put some on, and it does smell lovely. Very sensual. (Maybe I'll have to depart from my format and review a few girly smells down the line ...)

Anyway, if anyone wants a cadre of free samples, visit the Czech & Speake Web site and click on the samples tab. And if anyone from Czech & Speake sees this, thanks! I'll be reviewing these goodies in weeks to come. (If any of you other perfumeries are reading this, feel free to email me for my address).

5 comments:

BitterGrace said...

I've never tried the Dark Rose, but it sounds like me. Maybe I'll sign up for those samps, although it won't do my karmic burden any good. I'm looking forward to the reviews!

jmcleod76 said...

It's really good, if you like rose. It's not a grandmotherly kind of rose at all. More of a belly-dancer kind of rose. Quite sexy. M. now wants a bottle and was nearly inconsolable when she read that the scent had been discontinued. I said, "That can't be true. Why would they send me a sample of something I can't buy?" I was right. I guess they recently reintroduced it.

Julie H. Rose said...

I love free stuff, too, so I signed up! I'm always looking for a good rose scent. They are hard to find.

I've been waiting, on baited breath, for your next review! I wondered, too, if you were going to write about Encens Flamboyant.

Btw, I saw a bottle of Annick Goutal Neroli at Marshall's. I didn't have the money to buy it at the time, but know we know they are to be found there. Dropping into Marshall's and TJ Maxx when you're near one is a good idea, for you never know what you'll find.

jmcleod76 said...

Ooh, I think I liked the A.G. Neroli when I sniffed it at your place. I don't think I made a paper sample of that one, though. I was tired of making them by then, and in love with smelling the Encens Flamboyant I was wearing.

My T.J. Maxx had nothing of interest last time I checked, and I'm not sure where my closest Marshall's is.

eula_w said...

I love free stuff too and I always joined giveaways specially perfumes! Great blog and great read in here.

human pheromones